Community Health Alliance Projects and Services
Community Events and Training
The Community Health Alliance is committed to bringing health care training and events to Humboldt County that fosters the value and understanding of quality health care, patient safety, and consumer engagement in our community.
Past trainings and events include:
- ABC's of Quality of Improvement: 1 day training designed by the California Quality Collaborative to introduce effective improvement methods for ambulatory practices
- Just Culture: An approach to workplace and patient safety that emphasizes earning and accountability over blame and punishment. It is built on the recognition that simply forbidding errors cannot prevent them from occurring.
- Insure the Uninsured Project: Host north rural regional workgroup meetings
- Older Adult Collaborative: Continuing education trainings for service providers of older adults
- Community Convening's: Community-wide meetings on various topics
CHA is continually working to engage patients in health care design and delivery. The Patient Partner Project brings together patients and providers as they work on quality improvement and Patient Centered Medical Home certification. Patients collaborate with physicians, nurses, and other allied professionals as well as office personnel in workgroups, using data, theory, and personal experience to identify strategies to improve the quality of - and patient experience with - primary care in Humboldt County.